Role: Associate Developer (Full Time, Remote)
Direct Reports: Tech Product Manager
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, via Facebook Messenger, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter and The Pulso Podcast. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” or AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
We’re looking for an inquisitive and data-driven Associate Developer to build and collaborate on design and development needs for our integrated platforms. In this role, you’ll use lean startup methodology to test and implement strategies to help Pulso achieve scalable, transformative growth.
Here’s what you can expect to do in this role:
- Build content flows in Chatfuel, WordPress, and related platforms for organizational needs.
- Own the design, build, and execute experiments using lean startup methodologies across a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Facebook Messenger, Instagram and the website with minimal oversight.
- Collaborate on experiment design interrogation, execution, quality assurance and analysis for website and bot connected integrations, and support team members with design, QA, and completion of other experiments.
- Perform regular broadcasting within bot platforms, SMS, and email.
- Efficiently and accurately pull data from experiments, organize and document results, analyze and draw actionable insights, report key metrics and results, and propose next steps.
- Work closely with a team of highly motivated partners.
- Collaborate with partner organizations on experiments, sharing best practices, troubleshooting and technical platform updates.
- Contribute to organizational development, including being actively involved in Pulso’s culture and building relationships with Pulso teammates and throughout the AC Network.
- Embody and communicate the organization’s progressive values and commitment to elevating the US Latino community.
- Keep up to date with current events, relevant social issues, and evolving technical platform updates.
- Seek out opportunities to deepen skills, learning for platforms and lean startup methodology, participating in individual professional development and team-wide training.
- Participate in internal team building activities, social media, and special date activations.
- Join remote meetings with supervisor, coworkers and the Pulso team as a whole.
- Manage time efficiently in order to balance work and life in a way that does not interfere with the ability to complete tasks and participate in necessary meetings.
- At least 2+ years of experience with digital media content production using several of these tech platforms: Facebook Ads, Facebook Messenger, Instagram
- Can perform rigorous A/B testing and analyze data to surface insights, problems, and opportunities
- Ability to work independently and within a team, adapting to recurring tasks and ad-hoc needs.
- Inquisitive research and execution of industry best practices and current events.
- Ability to effectively multitask
We prefer someone who:
- Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
- Has a sense of humor!
- $46,000 – $56,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexibility for work and life: Unlike a lot of places, we actually believe that people should only work 40 hours each week, except for occasional sprints that require more time. We also trust everyone to make a schedule that works for them, as long as they’re able to join all the necessary meetings and complete all assignments and tasks. Respect for the freedom to work more one day and less the next, with an understanding of the need to work during off hours and on weekends to make up for time spent on balancing job responsibilities and personal life during the week, including parenting and taking care of mental and physical health.
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents. Vision and dental plans are available at-cost to the individual.
- 15 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, 3 paid floating holidays each year and 7.5 paid sick days each year
- Professional development funds, with renewal of funds each fiscal year
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement (or co-working reimbursement): We acknowledge that working from home requires using your own internet and phone for work purposes so we offer a set reimbursement amount for cell phone and internet usage. If working home isn’t for you, we also have the option for folks to rent a co-working space and get reimbursed for their monthly costs.
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience here: https://bit.ly/3KdpEMb
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.