Role: Tech Product Manager (Full Time, Remote)
Reports to: Liz Rebecca Alarcón, Founder & Executive Director
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months
COVID-19: We take Covid-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our Covid safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law.
Pulso is a Latino-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinos through our innovative Latino history and news service, via Facebook Messenger, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter and The Pulso Podcast. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” or AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
The role of Tech Product Manager is crucial in an organization devoted to informing and empowering the US Latino community via continuously optimized news, media, and history content.
Here’s what you can expect to do in this role:
- Design, build, schedule, prioritize and run transformational experiments using lean startup methodologies across Facebook Messenger, Instagram, SMS, Email, Facebook and Instagram Ads, the Pulso Website, TikTok, Youtube and others.
- Efficiently and accurately pull data from experiments, organize and document results, analyze and draw actionable insights, report key metrics and results, and propose next steps. Experiment data will come from platforms mentioned above, in addition to Chatfuel, Google Analytics and Mailchimp (new platforms may arise).
- Support tech and product team members with experiment design interrogation, quality assurance checks (QA), execution and analysis, with a focus on Facebook Messenger (Chatfuel) and Instagram DM bots.
- Identify gaps in our tech programs and services, ensuring that our tech stack supports Pulso’s goals around audience growth, revenue, impact and audience engagement.
- Build processes and documentation to improve our current products and programs as needed.
- Actively collaborate with partner organizations in experiment-sharing calls and Slack channels, sharing best practices, troubleshooting, socializing technical platform updates, gathering partner learnings and evaluating how those learnings could improve Pulso’s products and services.
- Share experiment learnings and best practices with the Pulso team to facilitate learning and collaboration, and hone our voice and content strategy.
- Manage associate developer(s) / builders working on Pulso’s tech products.
- Contribute to organizational development, including being actively involved in Pulso’s culture and building relationships with Pulso teammates and throughout the AC Network.
- Embody and communicate the organization’s progressive values and commitment to elevating the US Latino community.
- Keep up to date with current events, relevant social issues, and evolving technical platform updates.
- Seek out opportunities to deepen skills, learning for platforms and lean startup methodology, participating in individual professional development and team-wide training.
- Participate in internal team building activities, social media, and special date activations.
- Join remote meetings with supervisor, coworkers and the Pulso team as a whole.
- Manage time efficiently in order to balance work and life in a way that does not interfere with the ability to complete tasks and participate in necessary meetings.
- 4+ years of experience related to social media platform management and other key responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in one of the following areas of digital media experimentation: growth hacking, monetization and impact experiments
- At least one year of leadership experience, with management of direct reports a plus.
- Experience with chatbots is preferred but not required.
- Can perform rigorous A/B testing and analyze data to surface insights, problems, and opportunities
- Proficiency in data analysis
- Ability to work independently and within a team, adapting to recurring tasks and ad-hoc needs.
- Ability to effectively multitask
- $62,000-$72,000 salary range, with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range.
- Flexibility for work and life: Unlike a lot of places, we actually believe that people should only work 40 hours each week, except for occasional sprints that require more time. We also trust everyone to make a schedule that works for them, as long as they’re able to join all the necessary meetings and complete all assignments and tasks. Respect for the freedom to work more one day and less the next, with an understanding of the need to work during off hours and on weekends to make up for time spent on balancing job responsibilities and personal life during the week, including parenting and taking care of mental and physical health.
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents. Vision and dental plans are available at-cost to the individual.
- 15 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, 3 paid floating holidays each year and 7.5 paid sick days each year
- Professional development funds, with renewal of funds each fiscal year
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement (or co-working reimbursement): We acknowledge that working from home requires using your own internet and phone for work purposes so we offer a set reimbursement amount for cell phone and internet usage. If working home isn’t for you, we also have the option for folks to rent a co-working space and get reimbursed for their monthly costs.
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience here: https://bit.ly/3pwVewI
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.