Position: Digital Partner Organizer, Arizona (Full Time, Remote from Arizona)
Reports to: Liz Alarcón, Founder and Executive Director
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
About the Position
We’re looking for a digital-savvy, people-oriented relationship builder to coordinate campaigns with local Arizona partners for Pulso. As Digital Partner Organizer, Arizona, you’ll be the face of Pulso for partner organizations in Arizona who are working to develop digital relationships with their audiences on Facebook Messenger and other platforms. This role would be a fit for someone who can quickly master the mechanics of digital media platforms and coach others, but is also a talented relationship builder who is skilled at communicating with a wide variety of audiences. We are especially interested in solutions-oriented candidates who are comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment as we rapidly scale both our reach and our team.
As Pulso’sDigital Partner Organizer, Arizona, here’s what you’ll do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact with local partner organizations in Arizona
- Act as project manager in helping partner organizations achieve their goals for building digital relationships with their audience
- Inform and guide partner organizations on the mechanics of using Facebook Messenger bots and running digital campaigns on a variety of platforms
- Troubleshoot challenges partners have with Facebook Messenger bots and other platforms, resolving most issues yourself and coordinating with the technical experts on the Pulso team as needed
- Plan and execute Pulso events to be staffed by the Digital Community Organizer, Arizona
- Write content for Facebook Messenger bots and other digital platforms
- Represent Pulso at community events, as needed
- Take on other responsibilities to support Pulso’s work in Arizona and beyond
What We’re Looking For
This is an entry-level position. The minimum experience required is a college degree (no full-time work experience required) OR 4 years full-time work experience (no college degree required).
We are looking for someone who (required):
- Is currently based in Arizona
- Has demonstrated experience in: 1) writing content for digital media platforms, 2) planning events, and 3) managing partnerships or professional relationships
- Is committed to advancing progressive social change
- Understands the interests of and issues facing the U.S.-based Latinx community
We prefer someone who:
- Has demonstrated professional experience in managing accounts or campaigns on a variety of digital media platforms
- Is highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment
- Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
- Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
- Has a sense of humor!
- $40,000-$44,000 salary range, depending on experience
- Flexible work hours
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: http://bit.ly/2ww6Oze.
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.